Dental Crowns in New Albany, OH
Strength and protection for damaged teeth from Clark Family Dental
A dental crown is simply a tooth-shaped cover for a seriously damaged tooth. You might need a dental crown for a number of reasons, including:
- Protecting a tooth damaged by decay or disease from breakage.
- Restoring a tooth that has already broken.
- Covering a seriously decayed tooth when decay is too large for a filling alone.
- Strengthening and protecting a tooth after root canal therapy.
- Securing a fixed dental bridge.
- Covering cosmetic issues such as discoloration.
- Protecting a cracked tooth.
- Restoring a dental implant.
Types of Crowns
Porcelain crowns are very popular because of their natural appearance, but there are different types of dental crowns. Which we use depends on several different factors, including the strength of the tooth that remains, the level of damage done, and your ultimate goals. The different types of crowns are:
- Metal Crowns
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal Crowns
- All-Porcelain Crowns
When you’re in need of a crown, at Clark Family Dental the first thing our dentists do is assess the tooth that needs a crown and determine the best course of treatment. They then make impressions of the tooth, and these impressions are used to get the dimensions and design a great-fitting dental crown. A temporary crown is placed, and your information is sent to a dental lab. It generally takes about two weeks to fabricate your dental crown.
When your crown has arrived from the dental lab, we schedule a follow-up visit for placing and adjusting the crown. Your smile is finally complete and function is restored.
If you’ve broken a tooth or would like to explore porcelain crowns as a cosmetic option, contact Clark Family Dental in New Albany, Ohio for an appointment. Don’t let damage go unattended, though. Bigger problems are in store if you don’t get tooth problems fixed as early as possible. We can help restore the smiles of people from other nearby communities as well.